• These videos were all recorded live & online via the San Diego Photoshop for Photographers Meetup group. If you'd like to attend future online Meetups, regardless of your physical location, join us - it's free!
• For those of you new (or fairly new) to Photoshop, here are a series of free videos that you can't miss - and for seasoned veterans, here's a chance to get back to the basics.
• In these videos, you'll see the proven methods taught in my Photoshop book, "Not just another Photoshop Book", come to life! Just like any discipline worth pursuing, learning the fundamentals is essential - and that's what you'll get with these videos, aptly called the "Photoshop 101" series.
• There are a total of five separate classes, each covering a relevant Photoshop topic.
• As an aside: please do NOT let the overall length of these videos deter you as to their value. I mean, how do you eat an elephant - - one bite at a time, right? So, I'd suggest watching these in "bite-sized" chunks - say, 10 to 15 minutes at a time, to start ... heck, after a while, they may grow on ya :)
• There are 2 "Study" Videos - one for "Class 1", and one for "Class 2" - both are foundational classes. These videos are well-edited & annotated, with key points highlighted via graphics & callouts.
• The rest are all "Rough Cut" Videos: there's no removal of the "um's", "uh's", stuttering, repeating, bad jokes, long weird pauses, plus no annotations or graphics - - they're just not edited at all (honestly, I've got better things to do than edit a bunch of videos, haha!) ...
• Each recording offers something unique, compared to the other recordings, including using different images - ALL are a learning experience, and all include a link to copious PDF notes.
• In addition to the "Photoshop 101" videos on this page, find more Photoshop-related videos on my "YouTube Videos" page. - oh, and the videos are MUCH shorter in length!
• New to Photoshop? Need to brush up on the basics? Then you should watch this video to learn some foundational stuff!
• Think of this video as the “Owner’s Manual” to Photoshop - - I’ll show you how to effectively navigate through a complex program.
• You’ll learn those functions that you really need and want as a photographer. You’ll learn what’s important and what you can ignore (heck, you’ll only need to use about 10-15% of the program!). Without this “Owner’s Manual”, you’ll truly be lost.
1 hour, 7 minutes in length
• This a "study" video - copious notes included - plus, the video is well-edited & annotated - includes a Table of Contents!
1 hour, 36 minutes in length
• Using the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) method, you'll learn how to take well-exposed images, and improve them, sometimes dramatically, with just a few key but critical functions - Levels & Hue Saturation Adjustment Layers.
1 hour, 6 minutes in length
• This a "study" video - copious notes included - plus, the video is well-edited & annotated ...
1 hour, 39 minutes in length
• One of the most misunderstood (and mis-used!) concepts in digital post-processing is how to properly work with RAW files.
• What to do with all that digital information? How do you work with the format correctly & maximize your image’s potential? When enhancing your image from RAW, what are the “Goals”, and why? I mean, what the heck are you even aiming for?
• These videos will answer those questions, and much more ...
1 hour, 39 minutes in length
1 hour, 33 minutes in length
1 hour, 40 minutes in length
1 hour, 37 minutes in length
CLICK FOR THE NOTES (Some of the URL links in notes may be expired)
• Proper Color Management allows you to accurately reproduce what you see on your monitor in printed form, whether it is to your photo inkjet printer or files you send to a custom lab. Being able to print with a great degree of consistency and accuracy saves you time, frustration, and money.
• The old adage, “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) readily applies when you are properly color-managed. John will show you the 3 steps to successful Color Management and how to implement these into your Photoshop workflow, in a style that even the most die-hard “non-techie” can enjoy and understand.
• The second part of this Video will focus on the concepts of proper image editing – or, how do I know which of my many images are ultimately deserving of a Master File?
1 hour, 34 minutes in length
1 hour, 29 minutes in length
All of the latest Photoshop & Digital Imaging news that's fit to print - Privacy is important to me; therefore, I will not sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone.
Why choose me for your Photographic Printing & Finishing needs? Unparalleled Quality ...
Check out my Blog for dozens of relevant & educational posts, going back years ...